Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thursday, June 2nd

Holy Smokes! It's seriously June. Seriously. Also, I know I skipped a week. Here's what you missed: A Life Lesson: You can make (good) cheese with milk that is TWO days old or less. Period. After we cleared this up in no uncertain terms, I made a cute little 2-lb round of Rose Lodge Jack (I've never even been to Monterey, so that would be pretty presumptuous), and Pepper Jack too. We can try it in August!

This Week We Will Have:
  • Raw Milk
  • Little Round Fresh Cheeses (these are firmer and cuter than chevre, but have the same flavor palate)
  • I think that's it. Everything else I did this week won't be ready until at least August.
Other Farm News:

Garden:
Lot's of work but mostly just weeding and silent fretting. I put Grace to work weeding the strawberry patch. I said "take out anything that isn't a strawberry!" And she did. But I forgot that I planted a thick stripe of "bee feed" flower mix down the center to divide the two varieties I planted. She worked so so hard and did a perfect job. Not a weed left. Not a flower seedling to be seen. Only strawberries. Don't tell her, she was super proud of her hard work.

Bike:
Grace is riding a huge bike with no training wheels now. She got too awesome and tall for the little bike and is tearing around on a 24" mountain bike. It's pretty hard core. It has gears and everything. Actually this is probably the most significant family event of the week. Rad.

No comments: