Friday, November 19, 2010

Dining Room, so far...

So our first little project was redoing the basics of the dining room. Although we haven't done the floors yet and the trim & molding isn't complete Megan has insisted that I post up pictures of our dining room

So here's what's going on:

*Mirror - 1910-20's lead glass on silver.
*Ligting - I repurposed some Mason jars that we had and put in some bulbs on a dimmer.  wired and hung at odd levels.
*Herb drying apparatus!- I know this is a little overboard but it's cool.  I got some old pulleys and rope...  found some old roto-tiller tines,  and voila!
*Spice drawers- Megan found those at a local antique shop.
*Chest- found a cool old chest, cheap and pretty tattered...  but it works well there.

The table and chairs are next...  I am planning a build of epic proportions, an 6' dining room table made of a solid piece of wood....   wish me luck.

4 comments:

Julie said...

This looks AWESOME! I love the herb drying apparatus! So cool! Good luck on the epic table. I look forward to more pictures.

Megan said...

Ha Ha! You said repurposed!

Thanks for posting this!

Zana said...

I love the mason jar lights! Looking good :)

Mike said...

I love the lights too, we got some nice lights to go in there too... so when it's all dim you only see the wire in the bulb glowing orange.

It also makes a nice blurry/watery effect on the ceiling.

Once the floors are done later this year then I will be able to do the trim, so the wait is on.