Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving AND.......

Ok, so Thanksgiving is over and we were able to successfully pull off a full size holiday with our family without a hitch.   That's saying something considering our pipes froze over night due to crazy weather, we had about 1" of snow on the ground for 3 days.  I got to insulate some lines and put a heater on some pipes all day in 21* weather the night before Thanksgiving.



After Thanksgiving we decided that it was a good time for us to get our goats so Sunday we left to pick up our pure bread Nubian goats just outside of Pendelton, OR.   Now this is a 7 hour drive one way from our house.  I know this may seem like a long way to go for goats but I assure you it was worth it.  Here's the kicker...  we drove Megan's Mazda SUV there, had them in the back with the seats down with plastic and straw down (By the way it still smells like piss, even after I cleaned it).  We stayed near Pendelton in a hotel so we could attend the first milking with the goats in the morning.  We left with our 3 goats in the morning and headed home.  This was a big day for us, we have been waiting for some time so I will let Megan explain everything regarding the goats in it's own post.


I built a shelter for to proposed mule, here's a picture:
*Insert Pic*

I had my first solo milking this morning, it went fine I guess.  One of the goats is still having issues with trust on the milking stand :)

Final thought:

I got a new (used) truck today!  Yay!

No comments: