Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday, June 16th

This update is mostly about the blog site. We added some new stuff on the page this week! We added "What's in the Fridge" and "Coming Soon" side bar's to let you know what's here. This way you don't have to guess or scroll down and hope the last update is still accurate. I hope this makes it a little easier to see what we have to share with our friends in the farm fridge, and what is coming from the farm and garden soon.

I hope to have some info and fliers up on the fridge by Monday or so as well, so that some of our new friends can see info and prices. And maybe it won't be so weird to just walk into someones barn and grab stuff. As always, just let me know if there are ways I can improve this site, make it easier to use or to see what's important to you. The site is for our friends to use, so let me know what you want, and we will make improvements as we go,.

I also want to say, to both our new friends and old ones too: we are very new at this. There are going to be lots and lots (and lots!) of changes over the next months and years. We are making so many mistakes and constantly changing, and hopefully improving. Expect changes in the website, the cheese, the milk, the produce, and in the way we present, package, and get them to you. Not to mention the house, the land, the way we feed and raise our animals, the whole landscape of the farm. We have a five year plan that we are not quite a year into. Hang in there, OK?

This week I will be in Portland from Friday the 17th - Wednesday the 22nd. It's Father's day weekend, of course, but we won't be observing the holiday until some time next week, so stop by if you like and Mike will be here. The next month or so my schedule is all kooky, so I may be doing updates at funny times. Just until August.

This Week We Will Have:

Check the new sidebar! Instead I will sometimes do this:

Notes on Available Products:
  • Little Round Cheese: This is going to be my go-to fresh cheese instead of the chevre. Why? Because I like it better, it's cute, and I can wrap it in plastic instead of packaging it in jars. ALSO I have again changed this recipe for the better. mmmmmmm . . .
Other Farm News:

Garden:
Our garden is having a had time realizing it's not pasture anymore. I keep being like: "Garden! don't worry about growing back all those weeds and grass! We are just growing vegetables now. I'll just put them where I want them, and you don't need to worry about a thing!"

But Garden is all " . . . . " Because it's just dirt and stuff. And the weeds just keep growing and growing and growing.

So we put black plastic on all the rows to try and get rid of at least part of the source of new baby weeds and cut down on the battle area a little. Because I AM GOING TO WIN! Not the damn weeds!

Greenhouse:
GUESS WHAT?? I have TOMATOES and PEPPERS in my greenhouse. Yeah, I know!

No comments: