Sunday, August 7, 2011

YAY!!

Guess what we found in the coop yesterday?

AN EGG!!  (finally!)

It's very small, but it's perfectly formed and very lovely. And you have to start somewhere. I hope she (whoever she is) will tell the other ladies that it wasn't so scary or horrible and set a good example for the rest of them. Because one tiny egg is not going to be quite enough.

I have a picture of the egg but Grace is spending the night away and we promised we would not crack it open until she was here, so I will put up some pictures when I can include the inside and some shots of us enjoying it. Holy smokes do we love eggs. A lot.

1 comment:

Elle said...

hello! i am so excited to read about all the things you're doing. i am a friend of Ann and Steve's, and i was interested in some of your goats milk! we have been feeding our pigs scraps, fresh cows milk and regular feed but Betsy's milk is so delicious and i love cooking with it and making cheese ect., so if we could coordinate then it would be perfect me and the piggies, we both get what we want! i live all the way at the south end of lincoln city very close to Ann and Steve but have to drive north today and tomorrow i believe so maybe i can come by and just visit or whatever. i will call if i dont get a response because i'm not sure how often you check the comments. :) my phone number is 619 384 7590, my email address is eberton619@gmail.com and I check it a few times a day. hope to hear from you soon!
Eleanor Berton