Saturday, August 13, 2011

Egg

I was so busy in the garden and canning and picking berries and getting things ready for Grace to start FOURTH GRADE (what!??) that I did not blog at all. Sorry about that. So here is the (disjointed) news:

You may have noticed that I love bullet points. I always have. It's just my style and you will have to get used to it.
  • After all of the first egg excitement the second egg took five days to show up. At some point we may be tired of eggs, but for now we are just tired of feeding nearly 30 chickens and buying eggs at the store.
  • I canned tomatoes from my garden. Twice.
  • I vacuum sealed many fruits and veggies and cheeses and meats. Because I have a vacuum sealer now.
  • I have 75 bazillion peas. Snow peas, sugar snaps, and shelling.
  • I started seeds to overwinter. Fun!
  • Chevre freezes nicely and I will be making a lot of it to see us though the holidays.
  • I increased my 2011 berry-picking total to almost 80 pounds. (don't worry! the blackberries aren't ready yet).
  • I have made 4 types of jam this summer and now I am done with jam for the year.
  • Except maybe peach.
  • I opened the last of the hard cheese for the year. They both taste like cheddar but I remain disappointed in myself. Hopefully next year will be better.
  • My chest freezer has been decommissioned as a cheese aging box and reappointed as a chest freezer.
  • Grace has many sassy new outfits for school.
  • I also have some sassy new outfits and am ready for a date night. Mike.
  • Mike fixed up our garden water situation in some terribly clever way and now it is considerably more efficient to water. Like magic!
  • The goats also got a new water set up. They are very spoiled.
  • Grace's room is all painted, and the carpet is on the premises. I hear it will be move in ready early in the week. I would not hire us as contractors unless literally the only thing you care about is coming in under budget. We are super good at that.
  • Plus a bunch of dumb stuff like laundry and weeding and household drudgery.
I hear I am taking a day or two "off" this week, so maybe I will post some pictures or something with "sentences." But history would suggest otherwise so I better not make any bold statements.

No comments: