Monday, July 11, 2011

Best Day

Mike got me a new phone. A fancy one that takes pictures and then uploads them to the internets. Probably through magic or something. So now I can take pictures and put them here so you can see the farm and how lovely it is, especially in the gorgeous summer! Here is my favorite sort of day:

Sassy











Pickle







Clean break


Just a few loaves . . .

A lovely day!

And then something awful and sort of embarrassing happened. I thought "the only thing missing is pickles!." So I went out to the garden and picked a few pickling cucumbers and went back to the kitchen to can just one little pint of pickles. Just to round out the day. I started some water boiling and went to get some pickling salt and spice and dill. DILL! I forgot to plant dill! Seriously? I planted NINE cucumber plants just for pickles and I FORGOT TO PLANT DILL! I will point out that I have dill seeds. I also found a drawing of my garden plan that includes "dill!" right there where I tucked in a few extra broccoli at the end of a row. Damn. I guess I will have to go to the nursery and buy some starts.

No comments: